It’s no secret that the kitchen is the most used room in many homes. When considering a kitchen remodel, one of the most common questions my clients have is how long the remodel will take.
As an Interior Designer with a family of my own, I understand that the loss of a usable kitchen can add stress to my clients. My team and I do our best to accommodate for client needs in regards to timeline and temporary kitchen setups. While it’s an inconvenience for the kitchen to be out of commission for any length of time, the end result is always worth the wait!
Here is a common kitchen remodel timeline:
- Planning: 3 months depending on the scope of the project designing, drawing, bidding and planning of timeline
- Ordering: product lead times range from 2 – 16 weeks
- *Initial field measures for cabinetry taken: 1 day; to speed up lead time
- Temporary Kitchen setup: 1 day
- Demolition: 1 week to remove and haul away the debris
- *Final field measures for cabinetry taken: 1 day – lead time is 4 days – 8 weeks
- Rough-In: 1-2 weeks relocating or installing new plumbing pipes, electrical wires, gas line, hvac duct work, drywall follows with *field measures
- Painting: 1-3 days
- Flooring: 2-4 days
- Cabinets installed: 2-3 days
- Countertops measured: 1 day and will install within 2 weeks – all plumbing templates and specifications need to be available for this meeting
- Appliances installed: 1-2 days
- Lighting installed: 1-2 days
- Countertops installed & Final Plumbing follows: 2-4 days
- Backsplash installed: 1-2 days
- Finish carpentry: 1-2 days
Average kitchen remodel time is 6.5 – 11 months
Obviously this timeline is not one-size-meets-all. Every client has different needs and desires for the design of their remodeled kitchen. There are so many factors that can decrease or increase this timeline that it’s always best to speak to a professional Interior Designer before assuming the length of a remodel.
If you have questions about your potential remodel, feel free to reach out! I’d love to help your interior lifestyle dreams come true…in the time best fit for you and your family.